About Me



 Hi there. Welcome to my blog. 

My name is Tolulope. I am taking my graduate studies in Teaching English to Young Learners and have a  BA. degree in Philosophy from some years ago. I enjoyed taking my undergrad in Philosophy, however it made me realize that I am at my core in reality the type of person who would much rather be applying myself to the more practical, tangible & applicable subjects of real life, like teaching people who are eager to acquire knowledge, baking a really sumptuous cake or doing art. 

  

 I will get to the cake & art part in a bit. First I'll tell you a little about my journey so far studying to be a professional teacherI started out knowing very little about what it truly takes to be a good teacher. In the space of a few months I can say I know for certain it takes a high level of patience, a good amount of compassion, dedication, tact, skill and adequate teacher training to back it all up. I am hoping I continue to grow in all of these as I journey along. I must add that the experience of the last few months of my studies have made me question some aspects of conventional education system as we know it. I also recently developed a keen interest in Learner Autonomy as a teaching philosophy and already see myself as a big advocate for such progressive schools of thought in the education sphere. I hope to share my ideas on this in future blogs. 

   

I am a foodie with great appreciation for really good food. I am a creative to my very core, keen on detail and constantly viewing the world through my creative lenses. I found a way to fuse both passions into a singular outlet in my cake business -so yes, I am a cake artist, and yes I absolutely love that version of myself. 

     




   

 One of the things I can without doubt credit to my background in Philosophy is my ability to be analytical -though with that also comes the tendency to over-analyze situations. But I generally try to strike a balance. I have dreams -sometimes I am full of them and also find the energy to back them into action. But on some other days, those days that seem to evade the inner drive I have to excel at every interest of mine, I struggle to get through even the mundane. But through it all -good days, better days, productive days, the so-so days and the not-so-okay ones, I hope I find the grace to extend kindness to myself & continue to cheer on. Thanks for dropping by.


 


 PS. If you are wondering why I have more of  food/cake pictures than anything else, it is because I am hoping they inspire some creativity in you as they do me. Do take it in good fate, and roll with it 😉😉


 
 




 




Comments